Camray 5 oil combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a camray 5 oil boiler that is losing pressure when heating is switched on, there are no visual leaks anywhere i also get a pool of oil on the bottom tray when i leave the boiler switched off when i go away for a period of time ie holiday, on my return there is a very strong smell in the room where the boiler is situated.
When i switch the boiler back on the smell and fumes gradually disappear over a few days

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Do you ever get it serviced?

You say you have visual leaks! Shouldn't they be fixed?

Tony

I think you need to get the kerosene leak sorted ASAP (a new pump will likely be needed unless its the flexy pipe connections).....in the mean time turn the oil off at the tank when you go away.
If the kero leaks onto the floor you'll never get rid of the pong.
There's no connection between a kero leak and your system losing water pressure.
John :)

Sorry guys I missed a "NO" out in my text i mean't to say there are "no" visual leaks on the system and yes it is serviced every 12 months a few parts were changed last service but made no difference hence the requerst for some further advise

Sponsored Links
Check that the return port plug on the fuel pump is not just the plastic transit plug. These are only half threaded and persistently weep.
Loss of pressure in thesystem is different. Check all the connections round the DHW heat exchanger, and also the isolation valves are not weeping from the on/off screw. Also check the expansion vessel and pressure relief valve, all covered in the wiki.

Boilerman2 you could be right probably just getting worer over the past couple of years,thanks for your reply

Oilhead
Many thanks for your suggestions will look into them and get back if i need any further info if you don't mind
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back