Camray 5 Combi No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, i have a camray 5 combi, boiler fires up nicely, however no hot water. Radiators get hot upstairs but not downstairs. Rads have been bled did not have any air in them. pump is running but gets very hot. Boiler shuts its self off after over heating. Any top tips and handy hints would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
not sure, the flow pipe to the pump is hot but the pipe coming out of the pump is not. The pump is doing something but wether it is actually pushing water is debatable

Sponsored Links
Probably a stupid question but should i turn the valves off either side of the pump first?

Undid the large screw water p****d everywhere so closed it , whacked it with a hammer. No Joy. Another stupid question what about the diverter valve could that be the problem or is it definately the pump?

It could be, but could you see the pump shaft running when the scew was out? If the water came out at more than a drip, then the shaft seals are duff, and indicates the pump is old, which indicates your system is old, which means it's probably dirty, and if you put a new pump in it might not last long.

take a look at the operating/installation manual, fault finding...it is very good. one of the better boiler manuals ive seen, well written and easy to follow.

BIG THANKS!! to everyone that helped me, i have changed the pump everything works a treat.[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back