Camray 5 not working- losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a camray 5 oil fired boiler and the pressure gauge on the front loses
Pressure in about 15 mins.
I have checked for external leaks but cannot find any.
If I charge the boiler it works until the pressure drops again
Can anyone give me any idea were the problem might lie?

Thanks in advance

Nigel

Sponsored Links
Is there any water dripping from the overflow pipe outside?
This indicates a pressure release valve fault if there is.
John :)

Hi John
There is no water dripping from the overflow outside.
I have 2xpressure gauges on the system, the one on the wall at the back of the boiler is still showing pressure but the one on the boiler is losing pressure.
the strange thing is that I am sure that when I used to top up the pressure both the gauges seemed to be linked.
Now when I top up it only seems to affect the gauge on the front of the boiler.
yesterday I removed the big pressure vessel in the front of the boiler removed the valve and got a small amount of water come out from the valve hole.
I then pressurised it up to 2 bar put some water in it but no bubbles came out and it held the pressure.
when I top up the water pressure the boiler works fine but I just cant seem to see a leak. Could I have a leak in the heat exchanger or my tank which is next to the boiler?
Thanks for the reply
Nigel

I suspect that one of your gauges is sticking Nigel - but if you found water at the air fill valve on your expansion vessel I'm afraid its goosed.
Ideally the EV should have its water connection loosened, and the air pressure then set to about 10 psi.....after that, the boiler is filled courtesy of its filling loop to just over 1 bar.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply John.
I will purchase a new EV, Remove the second Gauge to test it,put it all back together and post the result.

Thanks again
Nigel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back