Can a 40mm waste pipe fit into the service void in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having a B&Q kitchen fitted and there's a dishwasher and washing machine to be plumbed in.

Fitter wants to plumb them all under the sink. We would rather not have it done that way as it reduces even further the space under the sink for storage.

I want the the cold supply and the waste to run in the service void behind the cabinets but he reckons the 40mm waste pipe won't fit in the void (can 32mm be used with an adaptor where it joins the 40mm run?) and also that the waste needs to be accessible in case of leaks.

The dishwasher is integrated but the washing machine is not. The appliances are next to each other. I think it should be fine for extensions to the plumbing to be made and everything to be connected behind the washing machine with the wastes secured with jubilee clips. I could access this plumbing but pulling the washing machine out and i wouldn't lose as much space under the sink to a nest of pipes.

Am I wrong?

Sponsored Links
Let your fitter do it his was. You will want all the connections under the sink as when there is a problem you can get to all pipe work. Pulling out the washing machine and dishwasher is not fun when try to trace waste and water supplies.

Andy

The service duct is not the limiting factor but the washing machine, rarely enough room behind for a 40mm pipe.WM usually around 570mm deep and worktop 600mm leaving 30mm at best.

The service duct is not the limiting factor but the washing machine, rarely enough room behind for a 40mm pipe.WM usually around 570mm deep and worktop 600mm leaving 30mm at best.

That's why kitchen fitters prefer the waste pipe behind an adjacent unit, so there's only the rubber waste pipe from the machine to worry about. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi

I'm having a B&Q kitchen fitted and there's a dishwasher and washing machine to be plumbed in.

Fitter wants to plumb them all under the sink. We would rather not have it done that way as it reduces even further the space under the sink for storage.

I want the the cold supply and the waste to run in the service void behind the cabinets but he reckons the 40mm waste pipe won't fit in the void (can 32mm be used with an adaptor where it joins the 40mm run?) and also that the waste needs to be accessible in case of leaks.

The dishwasher is integrated but the washing machine is not. The appliances are next to each other. I think it should be fine for extensions to the plumbing to be made and everything to be connected behind the washing machine with the wastes secured with jubilee clips. I could access this plumbing but pulling the washing machine out and i wouldn't lose as much space under the sink to a nest of pipes.

Am I wrong?
Yes
No nest of pipes required just a double spigot to attach waste too.
http://www.onplumb.com/polypipe-trap-40mm-washing-machine-double-spigot-ppt4200.html

Well it is a nest of pipes when you add in the supply pipes under the sink as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back