Can a 60cm wide fridge fit into a 59.8cm wide gap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, just wondering how flexible a fridge is when fitting into a tighter space? It's 2mm though can make a big difference. Has anyone managed to fit a fridge in a smaller width space like this? Otherwise will have to go with a 55cm one. cheers

Sponsored Links
Take a tape measure when you go shopping- that 600mm is nominal- shouldn't be greater than, might be less than. The most rigid bit of the fridge is the top trim. And measure the door & make sure it opens inside the frame width as well :)

lots appliances are 595mm

or use a technical adjustment tool :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
cheers guys. Yeah I think I will need to measure up in store if I can as not sure how accurate their measurments are. I am imagining the sides being panels to have a little flex in them. Trouble is most of the fridges I'm eyeing up are on ebay and not easy to track down in store

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back