60cm gap for cooker, what size...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as title suggests I measured up my new home and found that the builders left a 60cm gap for the cooker, washing machine and tumble dryer and only a 57cm for the fridge grrr so i have to buy new models of each but having no idea what sizes to get! fridge i am hoping to move the cupboards over slightly as i think that was a genuine mistake on their part! But i know your meant to leave a cm gap with the cooker and i didn't want to buy a 55cm cooker to leave a huge gap for falling food! would a 60cm cooker fit in even though its a tight squeeze as i really need a larger cooker with a big family to feed! I am planning on getting a argos delivery/install thing, will they refuse to do this if its so tight as its under thier no money back thing :(

Sponsored Links
you will probably find that a lot of white goods actually measure 595mm,i usually leave about 610mm,if the units are square then it may be possible to get it to fit.and as you say it also may be possible to move some units to get the spacing needed?.

Hi thanks for your quick reply, it's only the cupboards by the fridge I can move, base unit width was fine just top unit was out by 3cm which is why I think it was a rookie mistake! Cooker space has no leeway for moving so need it to be slightly smaller, it's an electric cooker I am planning to buy so will keep fingers crossed and buy a 60 cm, will look nice flush I guess lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back