Question for qualified electric cooker installer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have searched and searched online and cannot find an answer but would an electrician have a problem fitting an electric cooker that is 60 cm wide in a gap that is 60 cm wide? It's between cupboards and I was originally going to get argos del/int/rec but there terms stated that there needs to be a 1.5cm gap at both sides otherwise cooker will not be installed. Their 55cm range is out of my price range and it has to be from them as I have a gift card worth £320 and their cheapest is 420 so my only other option was buy 60 cm cooker and find a reasonably priced electrician if I can lol I know I posted a similar thread but that was more to do with size I can fit in the gap rather than if a person would install it! Lol

Sponsored Links
As an electrician I would say, that I have to follow the manufacturers instruction and if they are stating that a specified gap is required between oven and housing, I would be saying to you, "that you require a joiner!"
But generally the 600mm ovens are actually a wee bit smaller.

So what model is it?

Indesit ID60C2 and cannot afford a joiner sadly, moving in 3 weeks and that is taking all my money lol such shoddy work on the kitchen though, it's housing association and brand new fitted and all the gaps for white goods are exactly 60 cm so all a tight squeeze! May have to get a 50 cm one and look stupid with it! Thanks for the reply btw

I have sourced the manufacturers instructions here . The manufacturer states that the appliance is suitable for a 600mm opening, the fitting instructions do not mention a 1.5cm gap being required both sides, unless it is above the hob at the worktop and you would require 150mm each side of the hob, as this would be a potential hazard.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much, I am going to order it and They shouldn't have a problem by sounds of it! Thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back