Can a boiler flue have 2 90o bends & run downwards?

so are you a tenant or a leaseholder? I think as someone suggested earlier it could contravene fire regs. A visit from building control may be interesting...

I'm a leaseholder. Yeah good idea, might get building control out. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the pics global
Is that installed ion a landing?
Any chance of pics with stairs in shot too so we can get a better idea
Bit like the ones you posted but zoomed out to include stairs

Matt

Sponsored Links
I'm a leaseholder. Yeah good idea, might get building control out. Thanks.[/quote]

Contact gas safe. As Tony, I think. implied, a Condense flue must slope slightly back to the boiler. In the discussed orientation, condense will be dripping from the terminal

Also check your lease as to what rights you have over the stairs or what it says about it. Freeholder or not, she's effectively fitting a boiler in a public space. Although if you say the old boiler was in the same place, whats changed?

Yes there was a boiler there before.

OP, keep us appraised on this one. Having to deal with cretinous landlords on a regular basi, it will be interesting to see what happens if you get BC involved.

She is the freeholder - thats why she thinks she can do whatever she wants. So the flue needs to be 300cm or inches from the window reveal? Just measured it - the flue is 40cm from the window frame. Good to know it must slope upwards too.

Those dimensions should be in mm !

Flue should be 300 from window reveal on the outside! The window frame is irrelevant!

You could probably call Gas safe to inspect if you have concerns about gas safety. If you muddle over the ownership they might come although they normally only come at the invitation of the owner.

Tony

Looks like the old boiler might have been a side exit flue and the installer couldn't be arsed cutting a new flu hole??

if it's a steamer the boiler looks too high to me, the flue elbow is higher than the flue, what is the distance from the bottom of the boiler to that shelf, because it doesn't look like the req servicing distance to me

Imagine turning up to service it, you would need a scaffold tower on board.

Is this boiler on the top floor with roof space above it?

dunno about the boiler but gas pipes passing through communal stairs should be ducted or steel if i remember correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back