CAN A FREIND HANG MY NEW COMBI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can a friend put the rads in and hang the boiler and fit the flue , the combi is going upstairs and i want a vertical flue which goes through the attic floor and out through the tiles

Sponsored Links
HARALIAN said:
Is your friend a friendly Corgi Reg friend?
no he,s not corgi but competant

edited to correct quote

No he cannot legally fit the boiler or the flue, and to be quite honest if it was my house I wouldn't want him too.

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
No he cannot legally fit the boiler or the flue, and to be quite honest if it was my house I wouldn't want him too.
he told me that you only need to be competent to fit the water side he is getting a heating engineer to connect the gas up

Corgi registered engineers will not connect the gas and commission a boiler installed by someone else, from 1st April 2005 all boilers installed by Corgi engineers must be notified to Corgi, who will then issue a certificate to the homeowner, the work could be inspected by Corgi if they wish, no one is going to risk putting their name to a boiler that they did not fit.

Well I would, by prior arrangement and advice.

Just about to. Bloke wants a big heavy combi and if it's on the wall held by big rawlbolts, I'll be delighted. I've told him he can fit the flue if he wants, but he'll have to pay me to take it apart again.

good to read a voice of reason again with this type of post.

If the householder wants to drill some holes through and into his wall, all the better. I swear they'll be issuing certificates of competence for breathing next.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back