Can a glovebox handle be repaired?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to break the handle off the glovebox in my Citroen C4 VTR+ after something jammed inside it and now it can't be opened. My Citroen dealer says the whole glovebox would have to be replaced and with fitting quoted about £150. Does anyone know if it could be repaired or a source for getting something cheaper? I've already tried an online enquiry to a breaker who had a written off C4, but as they didn't reply they obviously couldn't be bothered to remove it.

Sponsored Links
have you tried ebay?
depending on how bad it all is,can you not glue the parts back together again?

Depending on the type of plastic, some adhesives dont work. I tried glueing the glovebox back together on the wifes car, even with plastic adhesive. Thats polyethelene iirc. I melted it back together on the inside with a soldering iron.

For a replacment, try ebay or local breakers, rather than scrapyards.

Sponsored Links
have you tried ebay?
depending on how bad it all is,can you not glue the parts back together again?

Ebay has links to discount parts suppliers, but no luck there. I've glued it back into the recess on the glovebox panel, but that's only for appearance and doesn't attach it to the release mechanism which is basically a shaft inside it (where it got jammed). You pull the handle upwards to open the glovebox so it has to be connected to open it.

Back