UPVC Multi-Point Lock....help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Back after a long while.

Have a multi-point lock on a front UPVC door. It's an unusual system where you turn the key itself several times to move the multi-point system instead of lifting the handle.

When opening the door from the inside with the handle it's no problem at all on the latch lock. But when opening with the key from the outside it slips and has done for a good while. Case of just about opening the door before the latch slips back out.

I opened the lock itself to see what the issue may be but couldn't find anything. Anyone familiar with these? Had German instructions written on it.

If I do replace the whole system I'm looking for something that can be switched between both handles opening the door (like a back garden door) and only the inside. Reason being that many times we're in the front garden and don't want to get locked out or have the bother of always grabbing the keys. Is this possible?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried reversing the euro lock to eliminate that as the issue?

Your lock is not that unusual I have the same system on my front door

I think perhaps the rotating plastic lever in the middle of the cylinder is worn.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. No, the euro lock itself is fine. The problem has been the same even after 2 euro lock changes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back