Can anybody identify these 1.5" 'buried' pipes? Photo.

That to me looks like a gas pipe, I have something similar to that joint in my understairs cupboard. (The installation up to the meter here is prehistoric but National Grid wont touch it until it starts to leak.... :rolleyes: )

Possible though the gas system has been upgraded/replaced and that steel pipe used to thread a smaller plastic service pipe through from the road up to house, known as an 'insertion'.

Hopefully if the OP has cut through then he's found the plastic inside and left that intact! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Update: the pipes are old, dead gas pipes. Gas board eventually came out and......hit the rotten one with a hammer ('that one's dead, mate) and cut straight into the other one ('no hissing, mate, there must be a plastic pipe fed through it'....bit more sawing....'this one's also dead, mate').

Thanks for all your help everybody!

GALLERY]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back