Can anyone help Baxi Bahama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have just discovered this site looking for info on my Baxi I wonder if any one can advise me please.

I have a Bahama 100 which frequently locks out, sometimes once a day

I called a corgi engineer who fitted a new fan whihc it needed but he did not resolve the lock out problem He disconnected the overheat thermostat and suggested that I try it for a few days like that. It still locks out

He says that he has checked everything else and suspects that it may be a damaged board causing the lock out.

Does anyone have any experience of a boiler doing this when the board was at fault. Any experience or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

The boiler used to sit above a cooker and was probably too low .

Sponsored Links
If you do a search you'll find 38 billion posts on bahama's locking out. 2 options:
1) call potterton
2) scrap the heap

Sponsored Links
Well actually short circuited rather than disconnected.

Minimum gas settings are responsible for a lot of faults. Its a pity many CORGI people seem so reluctant to learn how to check/adjust them.

Tony

Many thanks for the responses and yes I would scrap the heap if I could afford it but, sadly not at the moment.

It`s nice to know that people do take the time to help each other out

Thanks

I have to agree with pedantic :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .
You NEVER disconnect/bypass a safety device.
I've had a few Baxi Bananas with intermittant gas valve failure leading to lock out.

are you sure he`s a corgi engineer, only an idiot would leave the overheat stat linked out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back