Can anyone help me purchase the correct replacement plug?

Sponsored Links
Since the original also has timers and a load of sequences built in, it's not really that easy. In the main the lights are so cheap, easier to just replace the lot.

Since the original also has timers and a load of sequences built in, it's not really that easy. In the main the lights are so cheap, easier to just replace the lot.
Understood...annoyingly they are mounted to a first-floor gutter though and I do not have ladders :(

Sponsored Links
You just need a new PSU.

Please post your photos. I don't use reddit

It needs to be fitted indoors or in a weatherproof enclosure

Or, when you said "plug" did you just mean the plug on the cable? Not the power supply?

For an exact replacement, if you buy a set of 100 chaser lights (any colour) from B&M they will have the exact same power supply. However, going off your reddit post, if the new 3.5V power supply you tried didn't work at all, I'd suggest the fault lies within the lights themselves. With that supply, you'd expect every other LED to light up, so half the set should work. Also from your reddit post, if you connected them to a 31V supply that would almost certainly have destroyed them since they're designed for 3.5V, you probably just need a new set of lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back