Can anyone ID this capacitor please? Linked to....

Sponsored Links
Thanks both. For the cost of a punt on one of these v's replacement item, it's a no brainer to have a go at.... even if it pops the next one too.
Anyone know why it might have happened? Do cap's just die? Juicer is about 10 years old and had just come out from a very long non-use period.
As I say in the linked to listing. With the blown capacitor in place again, the motor runs still. Just not with any grunt.

Am watching vids about what cap's are and how they work...

Sponsored Links
10,000hrs life at 450v
30,000hrs life at 400v
Either way that's one hellova lot of juice making

10,000hrs life at 450v
30,000hrs life at 400v
Either way that's one hellova lot of juice making

Ah! I see!
Thanks for clarifying that.
No chance we got that from the first one. I have read they can often 'go'/short after a very long spell dormant, but these were the aluminum cased types filled with oil.
Where can you get them from, other than online. Put feelers out for knackered tumble driers locally, just in case...
Getting a bit silly trying to save a few quid.

Tumble drier is your best bet. Washing machines generally use brushed motors. An old fluorescent light might also be a source - used for PF correction in them. Values will probably be wrong but 'near enough' might be exactly that.

Would advise buying a brand new capacitor of the correct value, the wrong value may cause the motor to run hot or weak (or both!). Unless you have one laying around to try, probably not worth messing about trying to get one from an old tumble dryer or the likes. There's one slightly cheaper here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//163293047485

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back