Can anyone identify this (N London?) supplier?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone identify the North London window firm my contractor used, based on these stickers?

I need to contact them urgently but my contractor refuses to give me any contact details. This, I believe, is because he charged me £7.5k for 20 windows, which I agreed to because he said the firm were Fensa-registered. Now it turns out they are not - and therefore I have no insurance-backed guarantee.

PLEASE HELP!

Sponsored Links
Firstly, who fitted the windows? If it was the contractor then its him (or his company) that needs to be FENSA registered NOT the manufacturer, although i guess they are anyway if they fit windows themselves.

Maybe if your contractor was going to get the LABC to inspect them and get them signed off that way assuming he's not FENSA registered

My contractor did not fit them himself.
He used a double glazing firm to supply and fit, but as I said, won't say who they were.
My contractor has made no mention of LABC involvement.

Anyway, the issue for me is the quality of the installation by the fitters, and any insurance backed guarantee that a Fensa-registered firm would have to offer.
It's my understanding that LABC approval couldn't cover this - just concerns which glass was used - and my LABC (Barnet)'s fees are quite prohibitive - I think £120 per 5 windows i.e. £480 for my 20. Is that right?

Sponsored Links
It is my understanding that FENSA do not get involved with the quality of the installation, they are only there to confiirm the doors/windows meet part 'F' and part 'L' of current regs, this is where the LABC would step in if neither the contractor OR the window company were FENSA registered...............is the window company FENSA registered i find myself asking :eek: , should be you'd of thought :!:

As for the insurance backed guarantee then i guess you'd have to speak to the contractor, have you paid for it, was it in with the quote???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back