GGF Insurance Backed Guarantee: but no guarantee from glazer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had double glazing done a while ago by a Fensa-registered Co.

(I did not hire them directly but through a building contractor [part of house renovation], so I have no paperwork from the glazing firm. Fensa cert arrived successfully, albeit a year late. )

I then received a letter from GGFI offering an insurance backed guarantee. But their terms state they require ''a copy of the written guarantee provided to you by the original installer'' before processing any claim.

The glazing co say they all they issue is a receipt, which they have already given my contractor and were unwilling to give me a duplicate (they appeared to have no experience of GGFI procedures - as they are still in business!) They did not know what I meant by a written guarantee from them.

has anyone got any experience with the above, specifically with making a claim from GGFI or similar?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Write to the GGI saying you are unable to get a guarantee from the installer. If they are FENSA reg then one of the Fensa rules are you have to provide a gtee. Tell the GGI you have written to FENSA to ask them to contact the installer direct on your behalf to obtain a Gtee.

Write to Fensa to ask this and they may be able to help. Just be aware than Fensa are the most useless people on the planet and the fensa scheme is the biggest load of bollcoks ever invented.

Good luck let us know the outcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back