Can anyone recommend a firm for new sewer connections?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im trying to get some prices for a new sewer connection and some companies are boviously trying to rip me off thinking i dont know any better and giving me a price thats nearly twice as much as other companies.

So has anyone here used a firm they can recommend? its for a new build in Somercotes, Derbys. Its 4.4m into the road and 1.4m down for the sewer depth if it helps anyone

thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming the road is a public highway.

Make sure that the quotes you are getting include all the costs of the necessary traffic management scheme and the necessary permits for opening up the public highway.

The lower quotes may not include cost of traffic management while the higher quotes are for the complete package including traffic management

Also ensure the company has adequate public liability insurance ( for things like cutting a gas or water main ) and is approved by the council for opening up the road and by the water company for making connections to the main sewers.

Sponsored Links
£5k sounds like a bargain at that depth.

1.4mtrs? I’d need an afternoon job after that.
IMG_3608.JPG

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back