Can anyone recommend a suitable mitre saw please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've spent a few hours searching for a saw that will suit my needs, and I'm having trouble making a decision!

The budget is up to around £200, and it will be used while I am building a double garage, and erecting a 2 storey side extension over the next 12 months or so.

I thought I'd be best off with a 10 inch sliding saw, such as the Evolution Rage 3, or even one of the B&Q own brand MacAllister models.

I am also considering a non-sliding saw, such as the 10 inch Makita at Tool Station which is only £115!

I anticipate it being used mainly for roofing and stud wall work, but I'd like to be able to use it for 2nd fix work, e.g. skirting and architraves.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo GarethB and welcome :D :D :D

roofing requires greater than 45% you also need greater capacity a 8x2" timber at 55% needs a 12" length off cut
you realy need to stretch your budget to £300 and you definatley need a slider

mcalister is soley b&q no easy spares
wouldnt get a rage as any blade that cuts metal wont give a good finnish on wood for very long if at all

heeelllooo GarethB and welcome :D :D :D

Thank you. :)

roofing requires greater than 45% you also need greater capacity a 8x2" timber at 55% needs a 12" length off cut
you realy need to stretch your budget to £300 and you definatley need a slider

mcalister is soley b&q no easy spares
wouldnt get a rage as any blade that cuts metal wont give a good finnish on wood for very long if at all

Any particular recommendations?

Sounds like I may be better getting two, a smaller non-slider for light work, and a large slider for the bigger jobs.

Thanks for the help.

i have a dewalt 712 with the stand and its great bit off kit
you can get the saw for around £330 if you shop around
its accurate out the box and light for the size

it also does trenching which is fantastic for half laps tennons and grooves

definatly get a 1 decent saw instead off 2 that may last year out

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back