Can anyone recommend the best email

It does, but only when sending messages to another Proton Mail user.

Email is inherently insecure by design.
If people want secure encrypted messages, email is not the solution.

That's interesting and I'll keep it in mind. As you say, I never really think of email of being that safe, but I liked ProtonMail seemed a bit safer along with it not being provided by a big company. I've been happy with it so far anyway. (y)

Sponsored Links
Is Proton web based only, or can Outlook log in to download mail to read off line?

I only ever log in from desktop when I'm online, so I'm unsure about any ability to read emails offline. Someone told me you could do that with Proton, and said you can link Proton to Outlook (that costs money) but I cannot 100% confirm.

Proton Mail does have phone apps. "Proton Mail Bridge" is the name of the feature that lets you link Proton to Outlook. On the main page of Proton Mail Bridge it says you can access email offline.

Last edited:
Is Proton web based only, or can Outlook log in to download mail to read off line?
Outlook uses Proton Mail Bridge to access PM; PMB is available to paid subscribers (cheapest about 3 quid a month). PMB is important for the private/secure element of their service, they say

I'd say it's worth it to subscribe; for a long time people have become conditioned into accepting some free email service, which is fairly crap, which kinda sets the bar in people's minds as to how much email should cost.. but bear in mind it's a useful service for you life, most others of which people typically pay for (sometimes quite a lot) - Netflix, mobile phones, internet access etc.. I've had much better service out of paid for providers than free ones (I get email as part of a web hosting plan and the tech support has been top notch, despite the entire bundle being about a fiver a month)

Sponsored Links
for a long time people have become conditioned into accepting some free email service, which is fairly crap
Crap in what way? For typical use, they are more than good enough. I have had hotmail and gmail since the beginning. There has been no problems except in extremely rare situations of hitting the gmail max daily mail count limit. If the messages are stored on the PC, there's no upper limit to the capacity. Leaving mail on other people's systems means you make it easier for other people to read those.

Been using gmail since the beginning, and account not full. Maybe delete some old emails?

Back