Can anyone see what is wrong in this picture?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the title. While I was waiting for my MOT today at Halfords, I took this picture of the workshop. Can anyone see what’s wrong? No prizes, just for fun!

50CA6D7A-B3A7-48B5-A3F4-945D3EA99799.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Oh dear and I am only a very basic home mechanic. I can't quit understand the logic of fitting the wheel gages then lifting the car as it had to be on the lift space or even lifted first?

Sponsored Links
Could be that they have done the wheel alignment and have had to lift it up to look underneath or modify something and it cannot be done unless it's lifted?

Could be that they have done the wheel alignment and have had to lift it up to look underneath or modify something and it cannot be done unless it's lifted?
I cant see that. The wheels would have spun round with that equipment on them. They must be using a brake bar between the steering wheel and brake pedal. When it’s put back on the ground the car will need to be pushed backwards and forwards to settle the wheels. Can’t do that with the gauges fitted.

Readings taken on ground ,then lifted in air to adjust rack ,then once set car lowered and rocked back and forth before re-checking.

Sponsored Links
Back