Can anyone tell me what these are?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Connected on the cold mains in to my unvented pressurised hot water cylinder. Could anyone tell me what the 2 connections are in photo A above the stop cock.
Photo C closeup looks like a Non return valve, and photo B a pressure reducer? would that be right?

I had a plumber in about 5 years ago, and Im sure he fitted at least one of these. I remember at the time, he said the pressure coming in to the house was too high? But surely the Combination valve set a few feet further above this would have regulated that to 3 bar anyway negating the need for a further pressure reducing valve??
Had to visit twice and charged me £320 for the privilege too.

Just curious.

Attachments

• photo a.jpg
    photo a.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 195
  • photo b.jpg
    photo b.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 175
  • photo c.jpg
    photo c.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 182
Sponsored Links
1. Photo C looks like a Y strainer, to filter debris out of the incoming water.
2. Less sure about photo B but I thinks its a pressure reducing valve.

I remember at the time, he said the pressure coming in to the house was too high? But surely the Combination valve set a few feet further above this would have regulated that to 3 bar anyway negating the need for a further pressure reducing valve??
Had to visit twice and charged me £320 for the privilege too.

Just curious.

Depending upon the configuration, you sometimes have to set the incoming mains to 3bar to equalise pressure at,eg, showers.

Sponsored Links
cheers. So effectively I have two checks at 3 bar? the Pressure reducing valve and further up the pipe, the Combination valve also set at 3 bar?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back