Can anything be done to improve noise or temp insulation in slot vent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Earlier this year I moved in to a new house. The windows in this house have the slot vents at the top of the frame that you can open and shut to allow air to flow through.

We have found that even when shut, they seem to let a lot of noise through. If a neighbour is out in their garden late at night, their barely seems to be any difference in noise level between the windows being open or shut as it seems to be bleed through the closed vent.

Now that the temperature has dropped we are also feeling the cold through them.

I contacted a local window company to ask whether anything could be done to improve the situation and I got a pretty firm no (because new regulations mean you cannot remove trickle vents). They couldn't suggest any work arounds etc.

I didn't necessarily want to remove them anyway, as the airflow is nice in summer, but I wanted to get some further opinions as to whether I have any options to improve the situation.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back