Can bonding plaster dry underneath carpet and underlay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, had some small chunks and warped dipping sides in some of my floorboards. I used some left over bonding plaster to even out the dips and fill gaps. I dried it with the hair dryer though still a bit damp to the touch. I need to put the underlay and carpet on the floor now though will the bonding eventually dry out? Worried about mold forming.

Sponsored Links
Youll be lucky if the bonding doesn't eventually break up and turn to dust as you walk on it.... just my opinion it was the wrong thing to use.

Where do you think the moisture will go?
How do you think a material suitable for walls is in any way suitable for walking on?

It will break up quickly

It will more than likely break or crack though doubt it will crumble to dust as the gaps are small and the carpet is thick. Also the area isn't trampled on very much. The area is also near the radiator. I'm assuming the moisture would either go to the wood or eventualy travel into the underlay and through the carpet with the heat from the rad. Does this sound plausible?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back