Can BT External NTE Box provide 3 Separate Phone Lines?

Guess i`m lucky then, having to wait 4 weeks.
Stuffed if he is drilling the walls I`ll do it. And run the cable hidden.
Last property they drilled thru door frames and fitted the box so low. State it was.
Ripped it all out and started again. Teach me to leave the bloke there, as the place was still empty.

You would think someone who works with cable everyday would have half a clue.

Sponsored Links
They just have different priorities to someone like you. I'm assuming from your name and previous posts you are an alarm installer, that means you have competition and so your customers can demand a neat hidden job from you.

Openreach don't have any real competition. If you want service over openreach infrastructure you have no choice but to get them to install your connection. Therefore they don't have any reason to care about doing a neat job and afaict their installers are judged by their bosses primerally based on how quickly they can do jobs. Much the same can be said about virgin and sky installers (you can get sky installed by a third party but sky don't exactly advertise the fact).

Why a new house would only be wired with 2 pair – 4 wire core cable is beyond me, unless the new External NTE boxes are now driving this choice?

I will be very annoyed if the new BT External NTE boxes are designed to only ever allow a home to have a maximum of 2 separate lines. How completely arrogant of BT to decide that I will only ever need a maximum of 2 lines…!
How many HOMES need 3 lines? Very few I'd wager. There is always a way around this anyway, the xNTE is designed for TWO lines.

I don't think it is BT being arrogant on this one.......

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back