Can ceramic hob elements be replaced ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the rings on my ceramic hob ("speedlight" type, not halogen) has died - is it worth trying to repair it ? My guess is that a call-out charge would be more than the replacement cost, so DIY is the only economically sensible option really.. but is it possible to obtain spare elements ?

Its about 10 years old... could it be that that is about the lifespan of those elements, and all the others are going to die pretty soon too ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
These rings are available but they are expensive and not always easy to fit. Unlike the spiral rings which are a universal fitment you will need the correct part for your make and model of hob. Sometimes you can repair them if the element coil burns out right at the end, you can straighten out the end and connect it back to the terminal.

nice one :) thanks... I think I will have to bite the bullet and buy a new hob..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back