Can dark grout potentially fade in the sun?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I'm currently having a porcelain patio laid in Town Anthracite; I've attached a picture so far. Originally I was looking at having the EasyJoint jet black or possibly basalt grout. However the landscaper has advised that this could fade in the sun and not be very aesthetically pleasing. Does anyone have any experience of this particular grout colour and how it holds up over time with sun exposure? He's suggesting a white grout but I really would prefer a dark grout (I'm also thinking dark is less likely to stain) but obviously don't want to have it if it's going to look rubbish in a year's time!

Any advice is very much appreciated! Pictures for reference. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 20211209_153823.jpg
    20211209_153823.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20211213_174629.jpg
    20211213_174629.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Stick to your guns and go for the darker colour, (whichever you decide on), as white grout will definitely dis-colour and look very grubby.
If you use white grout friends/neighbours will notice it does not remain pure white, whereas a dark colour 'may' fade but it will generally retain a semblance of it's original colour and not be so noticeable to others.

Thank you Conny for your help. I've definitely decided to go dark so that's one decision made. He's now recommended the flowpoint smooth but I'm not keen on the visible aggregate and would prefer a solid colour. I've researched a couple of alternatives and will have a chat with him regarding those. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back