Can DIYER adjust gas pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a DIYER adjust the routing of a 15mm copper pipe feeding my cooker in my kitchen so as to free up more space?
And are compression joints allowed to be used on gas connections?
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Can a DIYER adjust the routing of a 15mm copper pipe feeding my cooker in my kitchen so as to free up more space?

Yes you can, aslong as you DO NOT interupt the gas supply, (meaning don't connect to existing gas pipe.

Yes they are as long as they are readily accessable, not advisable though.

To re-route an existing gas pipe wont break the bank, and as it seems your moving your cooker get a CORGI in and kill two birds with one stone. ;)

thanks clf-gas for the more informative reply.
That is exactly what I am doing moving the cooker about 3 feet from it's current location. But I will get a CORGI in, I don't want to mess with gas. Thanks again.

Nothing wrong with compression joints on gas as long as they are done right and tested,there are thousands of them on thousands of appliances,including gas fires and combis. :confused:

chaban48699 said:
Many Thanks

You can do all you feel Son, by Law.........by your very questions you are incompetent, but the Law says you are allowed to... go kill your family you Moron..

Bamber gaspipe said:
You can do all you feel Son, by Law.........by your very questions you are incompetent, but the Law says you are allowed to.
This is a contradiction in terms - the law permits DIY gas work only if the householder is competent.

Softus said:
Bamber gaspipe said:
You can do all you feel Son, by Law.........by your very questions you are incompetent, but the Law says you are allowed to.
This is a contradiction in terms - the law permits DIY gas work only if the householder is competent.

Yes, I was being hugely Ironic, untill you blundered in to explain the bleedin` obvious... you weren`t the only one to cotton on to the absurdity of my statement..believe it or not.. :rolleyes:

quote="chr15"]
Nothing wrong with compression joints on gas as long as they are done right

accessible? sleeved? not allowed mate, think about it & go back to Gas school.

and tested,there are thousands of them on thousands of appliances,including gas fires and combis. :confused:

probably all the ones that you have fitted.

Bamber gaspipe said:
you weren`t the only one to cotton on to the absurdity of my statement.
Bamber has not 'cottoned on' to the fact that my post was aimed not at him, (because his responses are predictably sour), but at those people, particularly DIY-derring-do readers, to whom the absurdity of his statement was not "obvious" (sic.).

For those who also don't yet know, please be aware that Bamber tells lies, and makes mistakes, and then later claims that they were jokes. He also has a hot temper and can't restrain himself at the keyboard.

Also be aware that Softus is an Egotistical maniac who normally jumps in at the end of most of the complex topics, claiming he has solved the problem himself, never goes out on a limb until he is absolutely positive that someone has already solved the prob, who pops up at the end or near the end of the debate....Softus... (obvious) look it up :rolleyes: anything related to heating/plumbing he will not make himself or his opinions known, normally because he does not have an opinion or a clue until everyone else has formed theirs, he then jumps on the bandwagon after the problem has already been sorted. Classic Softus.

Went to a house today Softus & they had a Ravi valve on the Hot water cylinder, what`s a Ravi valve?..(look it up fellah).

Softus said:
...his responses are predictably sour...
Bamber gaspipe said:
a sour response

Softus said:
...please be aware that Bamber tells lies...
Bamber gaspipe said:
some lies

Softus said:
...and makes mistakes...
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=391918&highlight=humiliated+fool#391918
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=393879&highlight=wrong+apologies#393879

Softus said:
...and can't restrain himself at the keyboard.
Bamber gaspipe said:
some attempts at being insulting

If being egotistical is that big a crime then lock me up, and almost all other forum members. :rolleyes:

It was a while back, & I was wrong, why the continued fascination? should I bring up the fact that you were unaware on the procedures to drain down a radiator? Grow up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back