Can Hot Water Storage Cylinder Be Used with Combi Boiler?

For a start you could insulate you hot water pipes!

Can you time how long before the boiler fires up?

Once fired up it will take about 10-12 seconds for the inside of the boiler to warm up.

Is there a preheat facility on it? Of course using that costs more in gas than you save by running a little cold water for a short while.

The boiler should fire up at about 2.5 litres per minute so even if it took a whole minute to run hot the cost of 2.5 litres of water is still far less than £0.01.

There is no shortage of water because the planet is 80% covered with it!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi

I'm interested reference using a inline water heater as well!

My combi is about 50 mtr from the master bathroom and have the same trouble with long delays before water arrives HOT. I also have installed solar panels for electric saving. Now there is a simple electric interface called a iBoost which monitors what electricity is fed to the grid. this can be use to switch on/off a boiler....I have a free solar system where I don't get paid for the electricity feed the grid! So here is the quesion:

I wish to install a non=-vented electric boiler in series to the Combi hot water fed. This will allow free heating of the boiler(some of the time)to reduce my hot water problem. The water pressure switch in the combi, will still react to tape/shower pressure changes?

OTHER PROBLEMS please? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back