can i add a room thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, first post so hope i don't mess it up :confused:

our central heating (Baxi 105e combi boiler) is controlled by a Danfoss 103E7, which is a 7 day electronic timeswitch. so the heating comes on and goes off at preset times.

my question is can i add a room thermostat to the timeswitch so that the household heating can be run by room temp and not time?

would a particular thermostat be necessary or could i add something like a Danfoss RMT230 elector-mechanical sensing element.

or would a completely different unit be better?

any help or info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
You might be better replacing your programmer with a programable room stat. This will allow you to specify what times and what temperatures you want throughout that day; say you want the temp to be 16c at night and 20c after work and only say 12c when your not in. Different settings can be set for weekend etc. Honeywell do the best ones i am lead to believe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back