Can I Change 2 Port Valve By Bunging F&E Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my first post!

Can I change the 2 port valve on an open vented system, by bunging the vent pipe and cold feed on the F&E tank?

If there's a risk of a flood, I will have to drain down. I would rather avoid this though, to save the usual air-lock problems when refilling.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's perfectly possible to do the valve change using bungs.Just make sure you have the correct tools and parts to hand and that you have a good vacumn in the system.

Sponsored Links
LOL!!!! Have you read the instruction on the 'bung' kit CCC?? Cause if you did it'll say only one open end at a time, so; unless you have space to leave the old MV on one end & then fit your new one on the open end. Two open ends; you'll need your wellies & the number of your PL insurance on speed dial................... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Good luck. Oh, another item you'll need is a fresh pair of boxers.......... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Absolute nonsense from the CEO of the biggest firm in glasgow.
Basic a two port motorised valve is the perfect job to use bungs on without the need to leave existing valve connected.

CCC
before you bung bleed the system also if the pump has gate type pump valves then turn one off these off as it helps with the vacuum.
Dont touch them if slotted or just turn 90 degrees as those type leak

agree with namsag 3 port is easy enough so a 2 port won't be a problem.

Of course if you can shut valves to only have one open end, then you'll be fine. Do you know what a valve is son??

Absolute nonsense from the CEO of the biggest firm in glasgow.
Basic a two port motorised valve is the perfect job to use bungs on without the need to leave existing valve connected.

CCC
before you bung bleed the system also if the pump has gate type pump valves then turn one off these off as it helps with the vacuum.
Dont touch them if slotted or just turn 90 degrees as those type leak

Gosh, I didn't know you were following my career path so closely 'numbnuts'.
Why not join me on Twitter or I could forward you the application form to enable you to become my official stalker.

If it's a clients flat on an upper floor over another flat, then you might not want to take any chances...

bungs are the only way to do it. draining down is for timewasters.

i've had 5 open ends on a system. changed many a cylinder and boiler on bungs too. DD is just a way of stoning more cash out of a customer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back