Can I fit a shower in the bedroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want a walk in shower in my bedroom .

Will I have to have the sockets removed in the room?

Sponsored Links
I want a walk in shower in my bedroom .
You do realise that even if you install a fan powerful enough to lift animals and small children off their feet your bedroom will still get damp and mildew will grow on the clothes in the wardrobe?

Will I have to have the sockets removed in the room?
Possibly - it depends how far from the edge of the shower they are. More than 3m?

All circuits in you bed/shower room will have to be protected by a 30mA RCD.

Sponsored Links
Bit off topic but I saw a toilet installed in a bedroom once. It looked ridiculous perched next to the double bed.

The room didn't smell too good either... :LOL:

You do realise that even if you install a fan powerful enough to lift animals and small children off their feet your bedroom will still get damp and mildew will grow on the clothes in the wardrobe?

Absolute rubbish, a friend of mine used to have a shower in their bedroom and had no such problems.

though ban does exaggerate, I also think its a ridiculous idea.

Build a stud wall around it, tile it and call it a wet room. :rolleyes:

Then you wont need to remove sockets.

Besides, fixed carpet around a shower or bath is unhygienic, unless you're from Rotherham, its the norm there. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back