Can I get a replacement trv head for this?

Sponsored Links
Doubt if you will get a replacement for that, havent seen them for many years, you never know though someone might see it and have some, you will probably have to change the whole valve

Thanks, I was briefly optimistic about a replacement head and then noticed that the replacements tended to be fastened by thread fittings rather than the ring clip. Looks like a fun weekend of radiator draining!

you dont really need to drain the rads to swap the valves , do you know if your system is open vented or a sealed system ? tell us what make and model your boiler is and that will be a good indication

Sponsored Links
It's a Worcester Greenstar Ri. It's the kind of system with a header tank and a second tank in the loft and no pressure gauge.

I have a horrible suspicion the pipes are microbore as well. Need to measure properly though. House is mid-80s Wimpey.

Well, as long as you’ve no serious blockages, it certainly won’t hurt to give the system a drain down and flush through with some chemical and fresh water from the mains. Check your F&E tank and give it a clean out if it’s full of gunge before draining down then, once it’s clean, leave it running from the ball valve for 30 mins or so, whilst opening a path to drain. When refilling, add some kalchem which is a cleaner and inhibitor, and can be left in the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back