Can I have a hip roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a front porch and toilet extension built on my house. The builder says I may have a problem with the hip roof because of the dimensions, see pics (3.3m x 1.8m) and the window above it?? I don't want a gabled slope beacause It will look wrong against the house roof (hip). Any ideas or suggestions would be great
frontel_22.jpg
Lsidel22.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think he feels that the hip will go too high and there is not enough space under the window for it to fit? I'm not sure if this is the case of if he just wants to do a slope with gables beacuse it is simpler? I think that will look wrong as the main house roof is hip, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can have hips right up to windows and I have seen hips actually go past windows with a flat piece in front and vertical pieces at the side. Next door neighbour extended their bay window out with a hip shape roof, ill post a pic tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back