Can I insulate my conservatory roof like this...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im wondering whether I can just buy something like kingspan/celotex and fit between the aluminium rafters so its in direct contact with the poly sheets?

Could this approach be the cause of moisture/damp/mold in pockets of air between the insulation and the poly sheets? If so, could this be eradicated by bonding/sealing the insulation directly to the poly sheets? Or is ti all about having a gap and ventilation between the insulation and the poly sheet? In which case, I could sit the insulation on batons and have a 1" gap with ventilation at the en bottom, or would I need more?

Ive also seen the use of foil, but wondered if the above method might just be a bit easier.

Therese every chance that in some years time we will need to renew the framing and glazing of the conservatory as its perhaps 10-15yrs old (we moved in 5 years ago), so I dont want to spend too much. In its current design, it also wont support a roof replacement, have looked at all options, so I want to make do with a DIY approach for the short term. So adding timber framework inst an option either.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back