Can I paint interior walls with a Tank/pump Sprayer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently in my apartment, the bedroom has a somewhat bright red wall and the kitchen has an aqua blue wall and I want to paint them both white.

I had some white paint so I slapped on a bit with a brush and as long as the paint is not spread out too thinly, it does a decent job of covering the colour.

I want to the hardware store to pick upsupplies and I came across something similar to this but a bit bigger (I don't know the exact name for it):

1.5lt_sprayer_small.jpg

I was thinking if it works, it would be a decent way to get multiple coats of paint onto the wall quite quickly to cover up those strong colours. Would it work?

Are there any downsides or is this a completely stupid idea? Will the paint go everywhere like rattle spray cans?

Sponsored Links
can you explain why exactly no?

I understand the one pictured is for water and other similar liquids but the one I saw is a bit bigger and was in the paint section, so I'd assume it could handle thicker liquids like paint.

Is that the only reason?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back