Can I paste the wall for normal wallpaper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the title says it all really. I have a tub of paste the wall adhesive and I love this technique. I was wondering if there's any reason you can't do this with all wallpapers.
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Sponsored Links
Only some papers can be hung like this. Most wallpapers have to soak for a certain amount of time. It will tell you on the hanging instructions the recommended soak time.

Hi Maggie1

Personally, I dislike "paste the wall" papers. When papering I try to ensure that there is paste on the walls and the paper. It reduces the possibility of dry spots on particularly warm days.

I have to work with them from time to time but I would not recommend them. A wet sheet of paper is more "maliable" than one that has not had a chance to become flexible/pliable.

Paste the wall is great if all of the returns are 90 degrees and perfectly true. In my experience, few houses are like that though

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back