Can I perform a straight swap of Honeywell HCW80 for CMT927?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
pleae forgive the naivety here as I know very little about electronics or heating systems, but I have, what I think may be a simple question, that I am hoping that someone can answer for me.

I think my young son managed to damage my existing HCW80 wireless stat when it was off the wall, as the wall was being decorated and now it does not seem to work. The red light does not not come on, no matter how I move the dial, (I have recharged the batteries) and have checked the relay box (HC60NG).

My question is, if this stat is indeed damaged, can I replace it with something more modern, like a CMT927 as I have read in some places that I could just "teach" this in to my HC60NG or do I need to change my relay also? I saw on the Honeywell site that they talk about the BDR91 being the current relay but I really don't want to start replacing and rewiring relays also.

thanks in advance

Carl

Sponsored Links
You ll need to replace both the transmitter and receiver. Why not fit a Drayton digitstat ?

Gav,
I was kind of hoping that I could go the simple way of just replacing the stat, if I need to buy a new relay and stat, then I will have t look into all different products plus get an electrician to fit it.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Cant help with your specific products but I contacted Honeywell recently via their website about swapping a programmer and they were very helpful.

Looking into this a bit more, as the HCW80, HC60NG and CM927 all use the same RF frequency (868) does this not mean that a new CM927 could be used with the existing HC60NG?

Dan, opinions on Drayton aside, you can get Drayton receivers and transmitters separately, surely Honeywell do the same? As for being carp, mine is now 4 years old with no issues, my previous was 10 when I moved and was fine also.
The only issues I've been having with them are some of the receivers were dodgy about an year or two ago, and I'm not swapping anywhere nears as many now.

10 diferent plumbers, 15 different opinions ;).

You probably can source the Honeywell separately, but it isn't worth the hassles (Imho).

Things may be changing on that front with Honeywell soon though ;).

For the cost I think I would prefer to have the pack then the receiver is there as a spare.

Not that it is relevant to the OP, but the new BDR receiver is two-way communication, the old HC is one-way.

Not that it is relevant to the OP, but the new BDR receiver is two-way communication, the old HC is one-way.
The BDR is two-way so it can be used with OpenTherm controls, e.g Evohome. It can still be used with non-OT controllers such as the CM72x and CM92X.

The old HC receivers can only be used with non-OT controllers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back