Can I plug a TV in here?

Sponsored Links
Have looked at the top of it?
I've already asked him to do that, and he says that there's no immersion there. He also seems to have accounted for all the cables connected to that large junction box (which is plugged into the circuit under discussion), so I think we can probably be fairly sure that, despite the labelling at the CU, there is no immersion - certainly not on the circuit in question. In other words, it seems as if that 16A circuit is probably currently supplying only the CH controls and a couple of CH pumps.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Hi Securespark. Its just a single socket with a plug in it with the flex goiing into the box in the photo. Got to go to bed now sorry

Hi Securespark. Its just a single socket with a plug in it with the flex goiing into the box in the photo. Got to go to bed now sorry
Sorry, this doesn't make sense. The thing in the box is a cylinder thermostat, which is just a switch. Wiring it to a plug and socket wouldn't achieve anything. The cable from the thermostat must go to the white box on the wall, so it must be something else that's plugged in.

Sorry, this doesn't make sense. The thing in the box is a cylinder thermostat, which is just a switch. Wiring it to a plug and socket wouldn't achieve anything. The cable from the thermostat must go to the white box on the wall, so it must be something else that's plugged in.
He surely means that the large junction box (to where the cyclinder stat, and all the other things he listed, go) is fed with power by a cable ending in a plug which is plugged into a socket?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back