Can I prove my render is lime easily?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably selling up, is unpainted atm, can I prove its lime after painting? (I totally dont want to paint it lol)

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
How can I actually prove that the render used outside the house is lime render? Is it harder to prove after I paint it?

Sponsored Links
Put some white vinegar on the mortar and it should fizz up if it's lime.
Its all already been used in the render, will this work if i spray the render? Thanks. Am worried I was ripped off and 2 of the 3 walls arent having any lime in them.

Its all already been used in the render, will this work if i spray the render? Thanks. Am worried I was ripped off and 2 of the 3 walls arent having any lime in them.
Now I get it but why didn't you come straight out with it at the start, much easier in the long run.:)
What did you agree to . Over how many days and layers of render went on and were there any measures taken to prevent premature drying?
Where did you find them, did you have wait between them giving a price and starting work.
When was the work done.

Last edited:
Got them from google search, only 6 reviews but over a few years. I dont know how long they took but I wasnt at the house often so they could still have done anything! I had to wait a couple months between them starting, they took over a month to rip out/render/plaster 2 inside walls too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back