Can I put a rear-vented tumble dryer in a kitchen cupboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How does an integrated tumble dryer differ from a normal one when it comes to extraction? Is it to do with how it takes in air?

I'm wondering if there is any reason why I can't put my existing tumble dryer into a cupboard in my new kitchen rather than buy a built in one? Its slats are on the side of the appliance and there's nothing in the way of the vent hose getting to the external wall. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes!
As long as the air can get into the machine and the damp air is vented (preferably to the outside)

Thanks - even with a door on the cupboard? It's not exactly hermetically sealed but wouldn't that limit the air getting to it?

Sponsored Links
With most units there is a kicking board at the bottom where the cupboard is set back, this is perhaps as much as 3 inches. Where the shelve sticks out.
Drill some large holes in this or somewhere else - ensure you match the square inches of the air intake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back