Can I re-use an Energysaver 50 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother in law has just replaced his Energysaver 50 because he wanted to remove his hot water tank and needed a different type of boiler.

I need a new condensing boiler, and as his old one is only about 3 years old could I have a corgi engineer re-install it in my home ?

Other questions are ...

Can you still get flues elbows etc ?

And can this be vented vertically through a pitched garage roof , as I want to put it on an internal wall ?

I got a quote for a new boiler from British Gas, but I nearly headbutted the guy when he told me the price.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
manufacturer's instructions....can't fit anything without them

Sponsored Links
Yes I have all the original installation instructions that came with it.

Do you think I can still get hold of the flue's etc ?

Cheers lads.

Is venting the flue up through a pitched roof taboo in heating circles then ?

Yeah fair point.

I'll have a look through the mi's.

(note the newly aquired jargon !!)

Thanks for your help. I'll raise the beer that I just opened to you !!

Looks like I am stuffed. Just rang Glow-worm who said they no longer stock the vertical flue kit for the Energysaver 50.

Shame, as the boiler is in fine working order.

Really annoys me that Brish Gas quoted £1208 to supply and fit a boiler that I can get for £600 !!

.... supply and fit 4 lengths of 22mm copper pipe .... £128.

I think I'll move out of software sales into the gas business .........

Nah nothing available. Good ideao though Kev.

What are the chances of me getting a Corgi engineer to come and fit a new boiler, if I buy all the bits from the British Gas quote (at half the price).

And, I'm pretty handy I could do the piping work for the water & supply the fused spur (BG want £47 for that !!) and just have the corgi guy do the gas stuff.

What do you think ?

Cheers Croydoncorgi, I read the entire artice and found it very interesting.

Unlike the 'engineer' I would never dream of tinkering with the boiler or gas / flue etc.

I fully understand why you would be unwilling to go in and shoulder the responsibilty of someone elses work.

It just wrongs me that they want to charge me £47 to fit a fused spur, which I can get for £2.50 !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back