Can I remove this prompt without connecting monitor to the NVR?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hikvision NVR system. This is connected to my living room TV via a HDMI cable.

This is the display on my TV:
66C033E3-29F8-4832-8103-31D9F9374F8C.jpeg

I can connect to my system via the internet and my mobile app. I don’t have a monitor connected directly to the NVR.

Can this message be removed without a directly connected monitor?

Also, my password has uppercase, lowercase and numeric characters. Would you know why the system is reporting this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
My NVR is in loft connected to a tv in living room. I don’t have the problem you have but I did buy a wireless mouse to be able to click on the screen and do stuff from my living room works a treat. Don’t think you can clear that message without going in the menu directly on NVR.

My NVR is in loft connected to a tv in living room
I’ve got the same - connected via HDMI

I do have a mouse connected to the NVR but I think this only works with VGA output? I.e. I can’t have my wife on the phone whilst I am in the loft to advise me where to click?

My NVR is in loft connected to a tv in living room. I don’t have the problem you have but I did buy a wireless mouse to be able to click on the screen and do stuff from my living room works a treat.
I have the same setup. One long HDMI lead from my DVR in the loft to my TV in the lounge. That’s a great idea about the cordless mouse. It’s a pain going up the loft, connecting the mouse and another monitor to view past events - too fiddly for me to do on iPhone or iPad. If it works for me, I should be able to change screens from downstairs too so I’ve just ordered one. Fingers crossed that it works - it has a 'claimed' range of 15 meters so may work. If not, that’s £7.99 wasted! :LOL:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ah well, that was £7.99 wasted! Had a claimed range of 15 metres too. Quick delivery though! :rolleyes:

Does the mouse work with a HDMI screen? I thought it only worked with a VGA cable. Can someone please verify?

The passwords don't meet the secure criteria.

connected to internet web browser you should be able to access the menus.

how is the Tv connected? the mouse has no bearing on the VGA or HDMI ports

connected to internet web browser you should be able to access the menus.
Where do I find the menu option to get rid of this prompt?

how is the Tv connected? the mouse has no bearing on the VGA or HDMI ports
The TV is connected to NVR via HDMI. I’ve got a wired mouse connected to the NVR but only used this when I’ve had a screen connected via a VGA cable. That’s what I was referring to.

makes no difference.
as for the passwords, no idea off top of my head would look in the manual.

the system looks at the password and thinks it isnt good enough, all the passwords we always meet the standards the system requires.

You are probably looking for turning off passwords or poor password notifcations in the exceptions menu. Dont have a version 3 firmware unit in front of me to confirm.

but its the same place you would turn off beeping for hdd fault/ hdd missing.

Last edited:
Does the mouse work with a HDMI screen? I thought it only worked with a VGA cable. Can someone please verify?
The mouse I bought worked on the monitor I have in the loft which is connected to the DVR by an HDMI cable. Just won’t work from downstairs. Long shot anyway I suppose.

I don’t have the problem you have but I did buy a wireless mouse to be able to click on the screen and do stuff from my living room works a treat.
What mouse did you buy? The one I bought wouldn’t go as far as the loft. Best I could get was halfway down the stairs with the loft hatch open!

The issue is the NVR is in the loft and the TV in the living room, not the VGA or HDMI display.

Also, my password has uppercase, lowercase and numeric characters. Would you know why the system is reporting this?

Surely, you mean your NVR system password has uppercase/lower/numbers though, the one you login in with normally?

That error message is specifically talking about the IP Camera's password, which you should have changed the day you set it up. I bet it is still set as "password" or something equally bad?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back