Can I Renew Head And Paddle On Honeywell 2 Port?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Honeywell 2 port (normally closed) V4043H is nackered and approx 20 years old. Not sure if its the head or the paddle. Lever a bit stiff and slow to return. Heating is coming on when it shouldn't.

However, there is no way I can get a spanner on the valves 22mm nuts as there are other pipes really close either side. Also the pipes go into concrete, so little play/ movement in pipes to get the valve out.

Can I remove the head and the paddle plate from the old one, and put new ones from a new valve on? Are the parts interchangeable, 20 years apart? All looks the same.

Sponsored Links
at 20 years old, your valve could be the newer type with a removable head (remove cover and look for two brass screws which are quite hard to spot as they are recessed) however if you do fhave the old type, you will still be able to replace the Ball & seal, whichever valve you have, you will have to drain down first!! ;)

If the valve body actuator (silver coloured) has a proud metal round dimple, you can remove the motor head without getting wet.

If it has a flat top (apart from 'Honeywell' embossed) you must drain down before removing the actuator!

If the valve spindle under the actuator is stiffer than you can easily operate by hand, it is bu**ered and can be changed using a Honeywell repair kit (ball and plate) without removing the valve brassware.

If the spindle freely moves and the actuator is graunchy, you have a simple actuator replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back