Can I repair this front path concrete slab or does it need replacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks in advance for any advice.

I am replacing the front path to my house. I've removed the victorian tiles that were there and am left with the concrete slab base.

The concrete slab is approximately 4 cm deep and seems to have been laid on just dirt (possibly sand) but no hardcore.

Ideally for money, time (and the planet) I would rather not dig up and redo the concrete slab.

However, the concrete has large amounts of cracks in it, large chunks have come up and it isn't very level.

My question is, can I repair this and just put new tiles on top, or does it look like the whole slab needs digging up and relaying?

If so, any rough idea at how much someone would charge to do (is 1m x 2.85m).

Thanks

Attachments

• front path.jpg
    front path.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 205
Sponsored Links
It's knackered
If you wanted to be really green you could possibly reuse the concrete as hardcore, smashing it up , digging out and reconcrete

Hopefully you retained the Victorian tiles

Thanks, that is not a bad idea.
Yes, kept the original tiles but most are broken and they weren't the nicest so will freecycle them

Sponsored Links
My brother had replica tiles laid and it cost a lot

Not sure if they are frostproof but wickes sold a modern tile painted to look like the encaustic type that you had

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back