can I replace a Drayton Digistat 1 with a Drayton 1 channel Heat Hub?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking to upgrade our Drayton Digistat 1 thermostat with the Drayton Wiser Thermostat 1 kit but want to check wiring for the Heat Hub if anyone can help.

So existing digistat is battery powered and has three wires for three connection prongs as follows.-
Red into terminal 1 - which I believe is the common C
Blue into terminal 2 - which I believe is the heating off (heating satisfied)
Yellow into terminal 3 - which I believe is the heating on (call for heat)

I have no fused spur to the thermostat.

The backing plate on the current digistat is a little larger than the new one for the Heat hub so I will need to rewire. Am I safe to wire the new plate back in the same config as above mindful that the new plate has 6 positions?:-
N
L
1 - Com
2 - Off
3 - On
4 - ON although should be redundant in my case I only have a 1 channel hub.

I can find plenty of info on how to upgrade a two wire battery thermostat and a 4 wire powered thermostat, but not a three wire existing battery thermostat.

Advise please

Sponsored Links
wrong page mate. this is to showcase your projects, step by step to help others. Go to the plumbing and central heating forum. has people responding every hour, minimum.

thanks Dad'n'lad, I have reposted on the correct forum and when I work out how I will delete my original post from this forum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back