Replacing Honeywell T6360B with Drayton Digistat +3 thermo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm replacing hy Honeywell T6360B thermostat with a Drayton Digistat +3. My Honeywell is wired as follows:

Terminal 1 - Live
Terminal 3 - Neutral
Earth - Earth

How do i rewire my new Digistat +3?

Digistat +3 terminals are:

C, ON, Off

Also it has a battery supply.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm replacing hy Honeywell T6360B thermostat with a Drayton Digistat +3. My Honeywell is wired as follows:

Terminal 1 - Live
Terminal 3 - Neutral
Earth - Earth
That's wrong!

What you are really mean is:

Terminal 1 - Brown (or red) wire
Terminal 3 - Blue (or black wire)

Are you sure there is no connection to terminal 2? There should be one.

Terminal 1 is the feed from the timer CH ON; terminal 2 is the feed to the boiler.

How do i rewire my new Digistat +3?
That's easy.

Connect the Red/brown to Terminal C
Connect the Black/blue to terminal ON

The wires connected to terminal 2 (if there is one) and earth are not required and should be made safe.

As the Digistat+3 is a programmable stat, the CH channel of your existing programmer is redundant. You can either set it permanently on (continuous) or you can move the wire from the CH ON terminal to the L terminal. If you do the first, there is always a danger that someone may
change it accidentally. The second method prevents this happening

Also it has a battery supply.
That's no problem. The batteries keep the clock and display working. Should last a couple of years.

I'm not suprised that you needed to change your honeywell roomstat as it had been wired incorrectly, and would not of worked at all accurately

Every day i see them wired like that! bloody plumbers and their 2/3 core flex :D

Sponsored Links
The colours of the wires mean nothing, very often blue/black is used for phase, and the "earth" for live.
The only way to be sure is to test each wire, and check what it is connected to in the boiler.
Anyone advising you to just connect this wire to that terminal obviously does not understand how mains electricity works.

Anyone advising you to just connect this wire to that terminal obviously does not understand how mains electricity works.
That would be true if the OP had not provided all necessary information, but he had:

I'm replacing my Honeywell T6360B thermostat with a Drayton Digistat +3. My Honeywell is wired as follows:

Terminal 1 - Live
Terminal 3 - Neutral
Earth - Earth

Terminal 1 of the Honeywell T6360B is the Live and Terminal 3 is the switched live. (There should also be a neutral to terminal 2 for the anticipator, which is why I queried its absence.) That is sufficient info to tell the OP exactly how to wire up his new Digistat.

That would be true if the OP had not provided all necessary information, but he had:

No, he has not. To someone who is actually an installer, rather than a householder trying to be clever with google, there is clearly something wrong.
The op has "read" the colour coding, but has not verified that the coding corresponds with the actual wiring. And it does not.
Chances are the black wire is actually phase, and if the op pulls that wire, touching the core whilst leaning on a rad or a pipe, he could end up dead.

The colour coding on central heating wiring should NEVER be taken for granted, and alway verified.

If you had ever worked in the trade, you would have known this.

No, he has not. To someone who is actually an installer, rather than a householder trying to be clever with google, there is clearly something wrong.
As I have been working with electrics and electronics all my life, I do not need to do any googling.

The op has "read" the colour coding, but has not verified that the coding corresponds with the actual wiring. And it does not.
I agree; and I pointed this out in my first post.

Chances are the black wire is actually phase,
Correct, it's the switched live, which can be verified by the fact that it is connected to terminal 3 of the Honeywell.

if the op pulls that wire, touching the core whilst leaning on a rad or a pipe, he could end up dead.
That presumes that the OP is not intelligent enough to turn of the supply before he starts work.

The colour coding on central heating wiring should NEVER be taken for granted, and alway verified.
I didn't take it for granted - see my first reply. I read what the OP said, which you obviously have not, and, coupled with what I know about the T6360B, deduced from that the following:

As terminal 1 of the Honeywell is the Live terminal, the wire connected to terminal 1 must therefore be the live (irrespective of colour) from the programmer.

As Terminal 3 of the Honeywell is the Switched Live, the wire connected to terminal 3 must therefore be the Switched Live (irrespective of colour) which connects to the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back