Can i run a spur from an immersions fcu

thanks securepark can i then from the double pole, spur 2.5 coz i have to chase it and that would be a pain with 4mm by the way the manufacturer recommends 3Amp fcu so its not pulling that much power. Yes jb is 30 amps.

Sponsored Links
I still don't know what size the protective device is?

Until then I can't say.

However, I would be tempted to use the same size, pain or not. Sorry!!

mcb is 20amps its feeding one socket not in use and a hoover washing machine the cabling to the unused socket is 4mm the cabling to the socket that runs the washing machine is 2.5mm, don't ask why i wasn't here when the kitchen was rewired - where i am up to now, ive broken into 4mm with 30amp junction box link to pic of which is in my earlier post and was planning on running 2.5 off it if i can't which is what seems to be the general consensus can i run it from the 3amp fused fcu as the powershower won't except any cabling bigger than 2.5mm if any of this is unsafer than running a spur from the immersion heater fcu i will run it from the immersion fcu instead. Any thoughts - thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
just found out now that the cabling i thought was 4mm is actually 6mm i don't know what the spark was thinking using that size cabling for a socket, so can i or can't i run 2.5 off it to an fcu or from the fcu to an 3amp powershowerunit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back