Can I run gas pipe through a shop into a flat above?

Everybody knows that DIY gas work is legal. DIY gas work "for reward" is however.

Sponsored Links
I notice your a 'part p registered electrician', it certainly doesn't look that way looking at your posts in electrics! :eek:

Sponsored Links
A mad mod should be deleting posts by trolls who are not adding anything to the discussion or assisting the OP with his problem.

Hmm. very nice! Have you ever grasped the concept that if gas plumbing (or electrics for that matter!) was done by very intelligent people, you wouldn't need all the training!

Hmm Ash, if you are still watching the reason gas is as you say so protected is precisely because it is so dangerous if done wrong - i'm an electrician too, but I don't do gas work because that is a skill and a trade for a gas fitter who has trained on and worked on gas installations.

You also seem to reckon that we are not an intelligent bunch well I have a BSc in engineering and am a qualified school teacher, a job I gave up to re-train as an electrician, and I can tell you that to be a good electrician / plumber / gas fitter takes considerable skill, knowledge, analytical reasoning, mathematical ability and sheer time served experience.

There are many types of people in our trades from many walks of life literally from the sons of aristocrats (I've worked with a plumber who is a baronet, went to Eaton and is a top notch plumber) to the sons of coal miners - very few though are uninteligent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back