can i spray a fence a different colour ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, i am having to replace several overlap fence panels & due to them being awkward sizes i cannot just go out and buy them locally so i am having them made at a local sawmill, my question is after the new ones are tanadised they will be a darkish colour, but all the other fence panels in my garden are the "orange" type colour, obviously i do not want different coloured panels, so will i be able to spray the new darker type panels the same colour as my original "orange type" panels ? many many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
i thought tanalised fencing timber was a sort of pale greeny colour?...in which case you should have no probs spraying it orange (????)

but if its really dark.....you may be better spraying the orange panels to match the new darker ones.

hi guys, i am having to replace several overlap fence panels & due to them being awkward sizes i cannot just go out and buy them locally so i am having them made at a local sawmill, my question is after the new ones are tanadised they will be a darkish colour, but all the other fence panels in my garden are the "orange" type colour, obviously i do not want different coloured panels, so will i be able to spray the new darker type panels the same colour as my original "orange type" panels ? many many thanks in advance

Yes you can, and I've done it with Wickes fence protection, but could you make it a feature or grow something in front of it instead? You risk making a rod for your own back.

What may happen is that bits of your colour will flake off / wear through / be scratched by the cat / rat / dog / child / rabbit / otter / fox / aardvark and look horrible.

Or can you move your other panels around to eg mark out a different area of garden with the different colour?

OTOH is you are spraying can you just do the whole lot (watch out for white cars or dogs or pale houses or neighbours sunbathing the other side).

The stuff I use scrubs of patios with a mop and bucket after spraying, but it looks bad after dogs scratch it.

F

Hi,i can't move the panels around due to the odd shapes and I do intend to spray all the panels old and new ,all I need to know is if I could spray them up from a dark. Colour up to a more orange colour .,cheers. :)

Sponsored Links
Hi,i can't move the panels around due to the odd shapes and I do intend to spray all the panels old and new ,all I need to know is if I could spray them up from a dark. Colour up to a more orange colour .,cheers. :)

I sprayed light to dark, so I can't specifically say how dark to lighter would work.

F

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back